Brakes currently have disc brakes and drum brakes as well as air brakes. Many older cars are front and rear drums. Many cars are now disc brakes. Because the disc brakes have better heat dissipation than the drum brakes, in the high-speed braking state, it is not easy to cause thermal decay, so the high-speed braking effect is good. However, in the case of a low speed cold brake, the braking effect is not as good as the drum brake. The price is more expensive than the drum brake. Therefore, many medium and high-class cars now use full-disc brakes, while ordinary cars use front and rear drums, while relatively low-speed, and require heavy-duty trucks and buses, still use drum brakes.
1. The heat dissipation of the disc brake is better than that of the drum brake. When the brake is continuously stepped on, the brake will not be degraded and the brake will be out of order.
2. The change in size of the brake disc after it is heated does not increase the stroke of the brake pedal.
3, the disc brake system has a fast response, can do high-frequency brake action, and thus more in line with the needs of the ABS system.
4. The disc brakes do not have the automatic tightening action of the drum brakes, so the braking force of the left and right wheels is relatively average.
5. Because the brake disc has better drainage, it can reduce the brakes caused by water or sediment.
6. Compared with the drum brake, the disc brake has a simple structure and is easy to maintain.